Friday, July 29, 2016

GUEST BEDROOM PAINT UPDATE.

As of January this year, I had checked off every tweak that I had listed and planned to complete for the Guest Bedroom makeover.
  • Headboard was upholstered
  • Curtain's were updated
  • Nightstand was painted white from it's original black color
  • The desk was swapped
  • The chair was upholstered
  • The nightstand lamp was ready
So finally the Guest bedroom was done! 

And one weekend, I went ahead and clicked pictures for the blog. I downloaded, sorted through the pictures, selected and edited. While going through the photos, I felt something was incomplete. I left it at that.
A week later when I sat down to write the post and went through the photos again, I had the urge to change something in the room.

Change the direction of the bed? Change the curtains to plain white? Or yellow? Did the room look cluttered? Move the desk out? 

Weeks became months and still I could not figure out what change or tweak I wanted. Then in April, I asked Mr. if I could change the paint color of the Guest bedroom wall. I was expecting "What's wrong with the current paint color?" question. He said, "Go ahead.".

We don't have a darker wall paint in any of our rooms. And believe me it was not easy to pick the shade of dark grey I wanted. There really are more than Fifty Shades of Grey.
I didn't want too dark or a shade just a little darker than the current one.

And finally when I ordered the paint color at Lowe's, I went with a gut feeling that I will like it.
But it scared me when I painted it first on the side of the wall.

So this was the change that I had wanted in this room.

I will share the makeover with you guys on Monday.

Have a great weekend.
Reshma

3 comments:

  1. so, what shade of grey did you choose?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!

    ReplyDelete